Friday, April 12, 2013

04/12/13

Our original plan for this weekend was to attend the Sustainable Beekeeping workshop at Straight Creek Valley Farm in Georgetown, OH. We were going to drive up today, and spend the night in Maysville, with a side trip to the Rural King in Shelbyville. Unfortunately, however, the workshop was cancelled, which obviously changed our plans.

I decided to go ahead and take the day off from work, so we could go to Shelbyville. The primary reason for going was to buy a landscape rake, which was significantly cheaper there than anywhere else I could find. While there we also bought some t-posts to use for the Florida Weave trellis for the tomatoes and peppers. I also bought a new metal Justrite fuel can. I hadn't planned to replace my broken plastic fuel can yet, but the Justrite was on sale, so I figured it was a good time to pick it up.

It was nearly dark before we made it back home. I knew that the trip would take up most of the day, which is one of the reasons I decided to go ahead and take the day off from work to do it. This time of year I have so much to do that its hard to justify giving up a full day just to go shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment