Thursday, April 11, 2013

04/11/13

Today Andrea and I had a class at the Laurel County Cooperative Extension agency. This class wasn't part of our Gardening 101 class, it was on the growing of asparagus and rhubarb. While we have no real interest in growing asparagus, I do want to grow rhubarb, so the class work well worth taking.

Because we had to leave for the class immediately after work, I didn't accomplish much of anything else. Andrea was, however, able to finish weeding the main portion of the herb garden. Hopefully we can begin placing the stepping stones soon.

The highlight of the day is that it finally rained. When I had planted the potatoes on Sunday, the forecast was calling for rain, so I decided not to water them. I was started to get worried, because it still hadn't rained. This evening we received a great deal of rain, however, so that should be a big help to the plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment