Thursday, April 4, 2013

04/04/13

The weather forecast for today was calling for rain in the evening. I kept checking updates, trying to decide if I would be able to get anything done outside after work or not. I finally decided that there was an open window immediately after I got off, so I got ready and headed out. Just as I stepped onto the front porch it started raining. I ended up just driving into town to fill up some gas gans, and pick up a few things at the grocery store. The tractor is getting low on fuel, and I had yet to buy any diesel, so figured I better do so soon since I plan to use it quite a bit this weekend.

Andrea spent most of the day transplanting the plants she has started from seed. I didn't get an exact count, but she was able to transplant everything other than the peppers. It has already become clear that next year she will need more room for her seed starting, as she has used up every inch of available space in the area she is using this year.

After finishing the transplanting she worked on listing some craft supplies she wasn't going to use on eBay. She also helped me with some of my photography gear that I hope to get listed on there as well.

The last thing of note is about Daisy, the stray cat that had been staying here. We hadn't seen her since we left for a few days to attend the Raising Heritage Poultry for Profit and Pleasure workshop. After nearly two weeks we had decided that she must have found another home. After I went to bed last night, though, Andrea noticed Kitty sniffing at the back door, and when she looked out she found Daisy on the back porch. She went out to check on her, and give her some food. This morning, however, she was gone. She is back this evening, though. At this point we don't know if she had found another home, or was just living on her own, and has since decided its better to stick around here where she can get fed regularly. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment