Friday, July 6, 2012

Media Reviews

From time to time I will be reviewing various types of media that pertain to simple living. This may include websites, books, online videos, and films. Many blogs have a regular schedule for such reviews, although I will not be following any schedule. Most of my reviews are likely to happen shortly after I have first discovered the website, finished reading the book, or after watching the movie/video. There are sure to also be a few reviews of books that I have read in the past, or websites that I'm currently using. These reviews will come as I'm inspired to write them.

When I write a review, it isn't done with the eye of a critic. I will not be giving a rating based on the number of stars or thumbs up. My purpose for writing reviews is to share my reaction to whatever it is I am reviewing. I'll likely focus on how useful I find the material and whether I learned anything new or not. I'm sure to make recommendations, but please keep in mind that as individuals in unique situations what is useful and/or enjoyable to me may not be for you, and vice versa.

I do hope that my reviews are helpful, and that they help to spread the word about media that I believe to me beneficial to those seeking to live a simpler lifestyle. Feel free to leave a comment if you would like to suggest a particular website, book, video, or film. If it is something I think I would find helpful, I may review it for the blog at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment