Monday, July 30, 2012

07/30/2012

I didn't get quite as much work done this morning as I had hoped, because I slept a bit late. My clock was set for 6:30 AM. I woke up at 5:00 and had to let Kitty in. Since I had an hour and a half before my alarm was set to go off I figured I'd be fine as long as I went right back to sleep. I had trouble getting back to sleep, though, and didn't sleep very soundly when I did fall asleep. I was awake when my alarm went off, but instead of getting up I fell back asleep. It was a bit after 7:00 before I got up, and by the time I had breakfast I was 7:30 getting outside. I needed to be back in by 8:30 this morning, but an hour is an hour, so I accomplished what I could in the time.

I mowed a couple of areas that I can't get with the pull-behind mower. I had planned to do more, but with just an hour, I focused on the most important areas. I was able to mow around the mailbox and along side the driveway. I also mowed around the strawberry beds, around the electric pole and between bird feeders.

This evening, rather than going outside, we stayed in and finished up Andrea's bookshelf project. I thought that would be a nice easy project, but it turned out to be much more involved than I expected. After attaching the new backs, we decided that we needed to put some spacers behind the shelves to keep them from getting too close to the wall. We also had to cut some shims to put under the backs, to get them good and level. It was 10:30 PM before we finished, but I think that it was good to put in the time to do the job right. I'm happy with how it turned out. Tomorrow Andrea plans to start putting our books and DVDs back on the shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment