Friday, July 20, 2012

07/20/2012

Its amazing how such a dry June, could be followed by such a wet July. According to the Weather Channel we are 0.06 inches short of the monthly average rainfall for July, and we still have 1/3 of the month to go. According to our rain gauge, we've had even more here. The last time I checked we were at 5 inches for the month, and that was more than a week ago.

I mention the rain, because that's my excuse for not accomplishing anything today. It stormed last night, and so was incredibly wet this morning. I was also tired from the trip yesterday, and slept until nearly 9:00 AM. I did go out for a few minutes at lunch to take the old wood to the burn pile that I had cleaned up a couple of days ago. It was raining again this evening, so I've not been back out since then.

We have, however been preparing for the Field to Fork Festival, which is tomorrow. We're planners, so have spent the evening getting our schedules layed out, gathering supplies (notepads, pens, snacks, bug spray, etc), and various other things to prepare for tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have more to talk about tomorrow, after returning home from the festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment