Friday, July 6, 2012

07/06/2012

I slept in a bit this morning, but still got up in time to finish moving the brush pile across the road. While there is still plenty more work to do over there, at least I have that task finished. Now I need to pick another project to focus on in the mornings, because I seem to stay more motivated when I have a set task to do.

This evening, after work, I spent a bit of time researching books about Root Cellars. I found an e-book that I purchased and read. I'll try to do a review of it sometime. Later in the evening we tried the blackberry sorbet that Andrea made a few days ago. It was pretty good, but had a bit of an aftertaste. This wasn't really unexpected, because the berries themselves had that same aftertaste. Overall I was pretty happy with it, and will certainly finish it off.

Once it finally cooled down a little, we went out to pick more blackberries. The berries are finally started to really get ripe, and are much larger than the ones we have picked before. I'm not sure if we'll make more sorbet from these, or if Andrea might make some blackberry jam, which is something she's been talking about trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment