Sunday, July 15, 2012

07/15/2012

Today was a mostly unproductive day. It was raining when I first got up, so instead of going out I spent an hour or so reading one of my new books on garlic. Around 10:00 Andrea and I went out to cut down a sheet of plywood for one of her projects. Unfortunately we didn't get to finish that, as I was using my cordless saw and the only charged battery died just as I was finishing the last cut.

After coming back in I did some research on battery charges. Mine had stopped working a while back. We have one drill that has a charger built in, so we had just been using that to keep the batteries charged, but its not the best approach. I'll probably be ordering a new charger from Amazon soon.

For the most part we spent the rest of the day relaxing. We watched some TV and played some games together. I also began trying to learn how to use Google SketchUp, which is a 3d drawing program. I think that it could be useful for experimenting with plans for sheds, etc. After dinner we did go back out to take some measurements of the RTV. Andrea is going to the fabric store tomorrow and is going to buy some marine fabric to make a removable top for the RTV. It isn't something that will get used a lot, but it will be nice to have some shade when I'm doing something like mowing grass when its sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment