Wednesday, August 22, 2012

08/22/12

Today was my day to work in London. I usually don't accomplish much on these days, but today was a bit different. I was running early this morning, so decided to stop at one of the tractor dealers in London to get an idea of what a used tractor might cost. The best deal they had was a Tafe 3500 CE with front end loader for $10,000. It was only a few years old and had only 68 hours on it. That's more than I'm willing to pay for a used tractor, though, especially one that isn't made by a major manufacturer. Not that I was going to actually buy one anyway. It doesn't hurt to look, though, right?

This evening after dinner I decided to go out and unload the pallets that are still in the bed of the truck. I transferred them to the RTV and hauled them over to the garden area, where I plan to build the compost bin. The bed of the RTV is sized perfectly for hauling pallets. It is 40" wide, and with the tailgate down, they stick out just a bit. I was able to easily load 5 pallets at a time, and using a ratchet strap to hold them down, had no problems. I think I could probably haul 8 fairly easily, but since I was going to have to make 2 trips either way to haul all 10, I saw no reason to push it.

After unloading the pallets I rode across the road to look around, and ended up down at the creek. Luke and Jack spotted a deer crossing the creek a few hundreds yards away, and took off after it. Jack, however, was stopped very quickly by the water in the creek. He is not a fan of water, and even the excitement of chasing a deer wasn't enough to get him to run through it. He tried to find a way around the water, even climbing up a steep embankment, but finally gave up and went back with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment