Tuesday, August 7, 2012

08/07/12

My first day of trying to get on a set sleep schedule went well. I went to bed at 10:00 last night as planned, although I read for 30 minutes before being tired enough to go to sleep. When the alarm went off at 6:00 AM this morning I was actually awake. I got up, had breakfast, then went out and started mowing weeds over at the garden. Unfortunately, maybe 30 minutes in, Jack got stung by yellow jackets. Its surprising I wasn't stung, because I walked right into the middle of the swarm before realizing what it was and backing out. I brought him to the house for Andrea to look at, then relocated to another spot and mowed for a bit longer.

At lunch time we went out to town for lunch, then to the courthouse so I could take the test to get my motorcycle driver's permit. I wasn't entirely confident, but passed. I didn't really put in much studying time, just read through the book once over the weekend. My Dad will be pleased, so that now I can go riding with him. I'll probably end up with getting a motorcycle at some point, which should allow me to save on gas when I use it instead of the car, as I can probably expect to get 50+ mpg.

We had pizza on the grill for dinner, then afterwards I went out to work for a bit before dark. I didn't have a lot of time, because we had a late dinner, but I did have enough time to turn the compost pile. I spread a tarp nearby, and then forked everything onto it so I could mix it and add it back into the pile in a better order. I also poured some urine I had saved over various layers, to add a bit of nitrogen. I expect the pile will finish breaking down much better now that its mixed better.

No comments:

Post a Comment