Sunday, August 19, 2012

08/19/12

This weekend was fairly eventful. We got up early yesterday morning and drove a couple of hours to visit family. While there I test drove my Dad's extra motorcycle, to try to decide if I might want to buy it, or at least if I am going to enjoy riding. I didn't get to ride a whole lot, but at this point it seems like motorcycle riding may not be for me. I expected to feel fairly at home, since I've ridden 4-wheelers my entire life. I was much more nervous riding than expected though, so I'm not sure that I'll continue pursuing it.

Saturday evening my Dad and I went to uncle's house to get a load of manure from him. He has horses, and has more manure than he can find a use for. We cleaned out one of the stalls in his barn, and part of another, which filled the bed of the truck. It wasn't easy work, but it was well worth the effort to get a good load of manure.

We left for home after breakfast this morning. After making a few stops, we ended up getting home around 3:00. After relaxing for a bit we decided to go out and put some cardboard down where we are planning to put the manure. We covered the last 10 ft or so of what will become the herb bed, from the existing fenced in area to the porch. Now that the cardboard is down, I can start unloading the manure. My goal is to cover this area, as well as the area in front of the air conditioner that will be planted. I really don't have a good feel for how far the manure will go, but I'm hopeful that I can at least cover those sections.

While removing the tape and labels from the cardboard, I managed to stab myself with a utility knife. I can't remember exactly what I was doing at the time, but the knife was in my right hand, and my hand slipped. The blade went in deep right at the base of the thumb where it attaches to the hand. Its fairly painful, I think that the blade may have actually hit bone when it went in. I have a bandage on it now, and will have Andrea clean it and check it out thoroughly before bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment