Thursday, August 2, 2012

08/02/12

I've come to the conclusion that I am going to have to make some sort of change if I'm to consistently get up in time to go out before time to start my work day. The simple solution is to set a second alarm, but that doesn't address the larger problem which is that I've clearly not been getting enough sleep. I have to start going to be earlier, or if I'm not going to do that, start taking a nap. It's going to be 11:00 or 11:30 before I get in bed tonight, which is much later than I should be going to bed.

As you might have guessed, I didn't accomplish anything this morning. After work this evening one of my friends/co-workers came over to help me load an old tv in the truck. Its been sitting in the corner of the living room for months, so it was good to finally get rid of it. The plan was to take it to the Habitat for Humanity Re-Store, but they close at 6:00, so we took it to his house, which is near Berea. He's going to add a few more items, then call and see if they will come pick it up.

While there I also picked up a few old bundles of shingles that he had laying around. I had gotten some from him before to cover the shed we built for the RTV and 4-wheeler. We plan to recover the other shed, and those shingles, combined with those I had left over from the other roof, should be enough for that project.

I realized that I forgot to mention a couple of things in yesteday's daily update. First is that the rivet gun I recently ordered came in. Now that I have it, I can work on positioning the rain barrel. The second item is that I, unfortunately, discovered that a dead mouse can smell surprisingly like a propane leak. We kept smelling something around the stove, but the scent wasn't noticeable near the floor. I knew it wasn't a propane leak, because propane is more dense than air, and therefore sinks. Andrea finally suggested that I check the mousetrap, and turns out there was a mouse in it, that had apparently been there for a couple of days. Now that I've disposed of that, the smell is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment