Thursday, August 9, 2012

08/09/12

I've decided to stop posting daily updates on days when I have nothing to say. It seems like a waste, both of my time and that of the readers, to do a post just to be posting daily. From here on out, I will be skipping daily updates on days when nothing note-worthy happens.

Yesterday I went to the office, so didn't do anything around the house. Today wasn't much more productive, but I did do at least a bit. I had an alarm set to get me up at 6:00 AM, but ended up sleeping in anyway. It was after 7:00 by the time I got up, so I decided not to go out. At lunchtime I went over to the garden to see if I could locate the nest of the yellow jackets that had stung Jack earlier in the week. I had initially thought we'd just leave them until winter, but we talked it over and decided to try to deal with them so we can either plant the cover crop we planned or do some sheet composting of the area. I was able to find the hole, and we have a plan for trying to deal with them. I'll do a detailed post later, after we've given it a try.

It rained most of the evening, so I didn't get to accomplish much after work. After dinner we did go out and work with Luke and Jack a bit. We've decided to try training them to respond to a dog whistle, so began the training this evening. After only one day its hard to know how its going, but hopefully we can at least get them to recognize the sound of the whistle and that it means we want them to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment