Wednesday, July 10, 2013

07/10/13

I worked in the office in London yesterday. While out for lunch I stopped by and picked up my boot from the repair shop. He charged $10 to replace the broken lace hooks, which seemed reasonable to me. I definitely prefer that to buying a new pair of boots. After work I met Andrea for dinner, then we went to our Gardening 101 class. By the time we got home it was trying to storm.

I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get out this morning or not, but I was able to get out for an hour or so. I hauled the grass clippings I had collected on Monday over by the compost pile. I'll use some of them for mulch, and the rest for covering food scraps when I add them to the compost. Having material available to cover additions with is much easier than trying to dig into the pile to create a space for food scraps.

It started storming this evening, around the time I quit work for the day. Our electricity went off soon thereafter, and stayed off for a few hours. I find that I always enjoy these periods with no electricity. I read for a while, then we decided to play a board game. I'm sure that after days without electricity, or during periods with either very high or low temperatures I would change my mind, but for a few hours at a time, when the temps aren't bad, I really love having a break from the normal routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment