Thursday, July 4, 2013

07/04/13

Since today was a holiday, I didn't have to work. I hoped to get some stuff accomplished around here, but it was raining again, and looked like it was going to rain most of the day. We decided instead to make the 2 hour drive to my grandmother's house where the rest of the family was gathering for dinner. Today is also my Dad's birthday, so that gave me the chance to see him.

During the drive home we made a stop at a department store, and while there heard on the radio that a tornado had been seen in the area, and was moving towards the area we would have to drive through to reach home. We decided to wait in the store until the tornado warning had expired, just to play it safe. We didn't see any damage along the way, but I've heard that there was a touchdown near a town about 15 miles away, although I haven't seen anything to corroborate this.

When we arrived home, Jack came to greet us. Andrea mentioned smelling skunk scent, so we started to investigate and found it was coming from him. I checked Luke, and he smell of it as well. Thankfully the smell isn't too strong, possibly because they had been out in the rain, probably much of the day. I've not smelled it from inside, but we are keeping the window overlooking the porch where they stay closed, just to be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment