Tuesday, July 2, 2013

07/02/13

I haven't accomplished a whole lot over the past few days. It has been raining every evening and overnight, so has been too wet to do much outside. Yesterday I went to the office in London. While there I took my boot, with the broken lace hooks, to the shoe repair store to get it fixed. Unfortunately, due to the holiday, I won't be able to pick it up until next week.

Most of the day I was preoccupied by the news that a friend from a nearby town was searching for his missing teenage son. He had disappeared from him home overnight, and they had no idea where he was. Thankfully word spread quickly via social media, and an update went out during my drive home that he had been found and was back with his parents. I don't know the details, but it seems that he left of his own accord. Since I'm not a parent it's hard to even imagine what it would be like to be put into that situation. I am very glad that they were able to find him, and that he was safe.

After having dinner, Andrea and I decided to go check on the garden. While there I decided to go ahead and harvest some garlic that was ready for harvest. I dug 14 bulbs of Polish White, which is a disappointing amount since I planted 31 bulbs. At least some of them were nice sized, although a few were very small. I'm hopeful that some of the other varieties will provide a better yield.

No comments:

Post a Comment