Wednesday, February 20, 2013

02/20/13

I haven't been posting much lately, but that is something I'm hoping to remedy. I still find that sitting at the desk is uncomfortable enough that I don't want to do it anymore than required for my job. It is getting easier, though, and I even went to the office today.

I've been spending some time during the last few days to prepare for an upcoming farm equipment auction that I plan to attend. I began my research by asking for some advice on the TractorByNet forums.  With that feedback I compiled a list of the implements for the tractor that I think would be helpful to have. Finalizing the list included watching several YouTube videos to get an idea of some of the different ways the implements get used. Once I had my list I then looked up retail prices from three different sources, and also used prices on Craigslist. I still plan to get prices for used items from another source. Hopefully by arming myself with this information I'll be able to identify good deals at the sale, and increase my chances of walking away with a few needed items without overpaying.

We've also been watching a lot of tv lately. Andrea recently discovered that America's Test Kitchen is available for streaming on Amazon's Instant Video service. I'm thoroughly enjoying the show. It combines food and science, so what's not to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment