Thursday, February 7, 2013

02/07/13

Its been nearly a week since I slipped on the ice and fell. I knew that my injuries would keep me from being very productive for some time. I had no idea, though, that it would have such an impact on my ability to write new blog entries. What I have found, though, is that I am spending as little time as possible sitting at the computer. Sitting for extended periods is still very uncomfortable, and since I need to sit at the computer for work, I'm doing very little of it for other purposes. Today, though, I'm trying a new chair and a heating pad, so we'll see how that works out.

Andrea had a followup appointment with her doctor today. Everything seems to be healing well, and she's under no special instructions. She's been feeling a lot better, but still has some occasional pain. She has been keeping herself busy with crocheting, which has kept her from being too active and overdoing it.

We had planned to attend the Southeastern Kentucky Beekeeping School on Saturday. We weren't sure if Andrea would feel up to it, only a week after her surgery, but we were keeping our fingers crossed. It turns out, though, that I'm not going to feel up to it even if she is. I just don't think I can stand sitting in hard chairs all day, especially following a fairly long drive. I was looking forward to the event, but there is always next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment