Sunday, February 3, 2013

02/03/13

We've received our first snow of the season.We had maybe an inch yesterday morning, and maybe another inch overnight, if that. Many other areas near us are reporting several inches, so we've still been quite lucky.

Once it stopped snowing yesterday morning, around lunchtime, I went to town to do some grocery shopping. Andrea had done a good job of preparing for her recovery, but hadn't counted on wanting Gatorade to drink rather than her normal drink. I stocked up on Gatorade and a few other items she requested while I was out.

Other than that I've been staying inside and trying to help make her recovery go smoothly. Cooking, doing the dishes, and feeding Kitty, Luke, and Jack hasn't exactly been keeping me busy, but since I'm trying to take it easy following my fall, its probably enough. I have been permanently given the task of feeding Kitty, since I'm more strict with her and she can't manipulate me as easily as she does Andrea.

I woke up overnight noticing that the temperature seemed colder than normal. I suspected that the furnace was acting up again, so I got up to check. It was 51 degrees, which is about 10 degrees colder than the normal inside temperature. When I checked the furnace I found it was doing the same thing as before, so I gathered a couple pieces of additional information that the repairman had asked for, and then shut off the power to let the system cool down. That was around 3:15 AM. I woke up again around 5:45 AM, and decided to see if it had cooled down. It had, so I turned the power back on, and in a few moments it kicked back on and was running normally. It has been running fine ever since. I'll call the repairman tomorrow to have him order the part he suspects is bad, so we can hopefully get it fixed later in the week. I don't mind resetting it if that is all it takes to temporarily solve the problem, but I'm sure eventually its going to fail completely, and I really don't want to get stuck for an extended period with only the space heaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment