Tuesday, October 23, 2012

10/23/12

Today I finished getting everything ready for putting together the metal building while my Dad is visiting. I cleared out the area where it will go, which involved moving the mowers and tiller to another location. I also moved the four-wheeler, so I could store some stuff under the shed where I normally park it. I needed to move the trailer as well, so went ahead and hooked it to the truck since I'll need to use it tomorrow for hauling some lumber.

I also had to move a bunch of stuff out of the existing shed. The metal building is in a box, which has been laying on the floor of the shed since we moved here. During that time I've stacked scraps of lumber on it. I've also been using the top of the lumber as a make shift shelf, on which several items were stacked. I moved most of those items to the shed where the RTV is parked, then moved the scrap lumber there as well. I also dug out the box containing the floor kit, which was standing in the back corner of the shed. It took a couple of hours to get everything out of the way, so I'm glad I did it today. We should be able to get started right away when my Dad gets here tomorrow.

The last project I worked on today was replacing the air filter in the car. This was the first time I've replaced it myself, and I was surprised at how complicated the process was. It really didn't take very long, but I was surprised at the required steps. I guess the last one I changed was one that simply required loosening a wing nut and lifting off the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment