Monday, October 15, 2012

10/15/12

Today was a productive day. I've been sleeping late a lot recently, but was able to get up at 7:00 am this morning. I wanted to put in some extra time this morning so I could take an extended lunch, so started my work day right away.

At lunch time I went over to the garden. I mowed the weeds around the stumps that need removed and trimmed up the saplings growing from them. Since I was mowing weeds over there I also went ahead and mowed the area where we plan to build the pallet compost bin. After finishing that up I went back in and had lunch and then finished up my work day.

After work I went back over to the garden. This time I took the chainsaw and cut down those stumps. I tried to cut most of them level with the ground, but wasn't able to get them all that short. They are all cut short enough, though, that I will be able to easily mow the area without worrying about the mower hitting the stumps. Now I just need to take the mower over one day so I can get the remaining weeds cut. Then I can till the area and prepped it for planting the cover crops.


No comments:

Post a Comment