Monday, October 22, 2012

10/22/12

Today was the first day of my week off from work. I like to take a week off during the fall, so I can take advantage of the nice weather and get some things done around the house. My Dad is coming down later in the week to help me put together a metal shed. I began the prep work today, so that when he gets here we're ready to get started.

The spot where I plan to put the shed is where I am currently storing the trailer, mowers and tiller. In order to clear that spot I needed to clear a spot next to the existing shed to park the mowers and tiller. Today I worked on clearing that spot, which didn't take too long. I ended up with a load of compost, of which half was weeds and half was some old loose straw. I also had a few items for the trash, and a few more that just needed to be moved to another spot. Andrea came out and helped me, and in less than two hours we had the spot cleared.

I had an appointment to see the eye doctor this afternoon, so after clearing that spot I went in and got ready for that. The eye doctor is in Richmond, which is about an hour away, so we try to do several things when we go there. One of the places we stopped was the Kubota dealership. Andrea wanted to see the tractor that the dealer had suggested the last time I was there. After a couple more stops we headed back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment