Saturday didn't go quite as planned. I had a real lack of motivation, so didn't make it outside before it got hot. So we ended up going to Lexington to do some shopping that Andrea was needing to get done. Of course trips to Lexington always take up most of the day, so I didn't accomplish anything around the house when we got back either.
Today was more productive, though. I went out this morning and worked on the mower. I replaced the belt, which wasn't as difficult as I was afraid. After replacing it I decided to go ahead and mow, but was quickly disappointed to find that the mower still isn't working right. By that time it was getting hot, and I didn't feel like working on it again, so I put everything away and came back inside.
I went back outside around 5:00 to work on assembling the new lawn sweeper. I managed to get the main part installed before time to come in for dinner. I would normally say that it shouldn't take long to finish, since all that remains is the bag assembly. However, as I was moving the sweeper I found that it only rolls one direction, and currently that is backwards. So it seems I installed something wrong, and will have to do some more work to figure out what I did. I'm hoping its simple, and does not require completely disassembling the entire thing, but I'm not overly confident in that.
It was starting to thunder when I came in for dinner, and by the time we finished had started raining. We had planned to go back out after eating, but the rain changed that.