Monday, June 3, 2013


Today was a fairly productive day. It finally rained a bit this morning, although only a very small amount. Its better than nothing, though.

After work I got Andrea to help me work on the mower. The last time I used it the belt slipped, which I assumed was due to the same nut being loose that we had tightened when my Dad helped me work on it. I was able to tighten it quite a bit, so it seems like I was right. I just don't know if we hadn't tightened it well before, or if it worked its way loose that quickly.

Once the mower was fixed I took it over by the garden and mowed. It had been quite a while since I had been able to mow over there, so many of the weeds were three feet or higher. The mower did great, though, and I was able to get things in pretty good shape.

While mowing I caught a grapevine with the corner of the mower. Instead of the grapevine breaking free, which is what normally happens, the top of the tree broke out. The tree wasn't very tall, which was fortunate since it very nearly hit the tomatoes. After parking the mower I took a chain over and used the RTV to drag the tree out of the way.

I also hauled some water from the creek, so we would have it available for watering the tomatoes tomorrow. Since I will be working in the office tomorrow I thought it was a good idea to get the water hauled today, in case Andrea does the watering tomorrow.

Before calling it a day we ran out to town so Andrea could pick up a few groceries, and I could fill the gas cans. I go through quite a bit of fuel during this time of year, so had two gas cans to be filled and one diesel can.

No comments:

Post a Comment