Tuesday, January 22, 2013

01/22/13

I didn't actually accomplish much of anything today. I did receive the two books in the mail that I ordered recently, but I can't really take credit for that. Andrea, on the other hand, was quite productive, so I'll list her accomplishments instead.

Last week I ran across an article about a homemade Winter Blues Spray, which I thought might be a good mood lifter for these dreary winter days. I asked Andrea to make some for me sometime, and she recently received through the mail the ingredients she needed to do so. Today she made it, although I've only tried it once so can't really comments on its effectiveness.

While she was working on the spry she decided to do a few other similar tasks. I had also requested some homemade lotion, as I had just finished using the lotion she had previously made at a workshop she attended at the Laurel County Cooperative Extension Agency. I used the lotion after my shower tonight, and am really happy with it so far.

She also mixed up a St. John's Wort tincture, which we're hoping might be a substitute for the St. John's Wort capsules I currently take. Lastly she made a liniment for cleaning cuts and abrasions, and a salve for treating them. I've yet to test either of those, and hope that it will be some time before I have the need.

Edit: 01/27/2013 - Andrea pointed out that I incorrectly said she took the lotion making workshop at the Laurel County Cooperative Extension Agency. She took this workshop, instead. through the Berea Festival of Learnshops program.

No comments:

Post a Comment