Thursday, January 3, 2013

01/03/13

Last night was the coldest night we've had so far this winter. The temperature dropped down into the low 20s, although was originally forecast to get into the low teens. I was worried about the outdoor faucet freezing, so put one of those styrofoam faucet covers over it. We have several, because last year Luke kept chewing them up, so we bought extra at the end of the season. I don't think Luke will give us any problems this year, but Jack might.

Last night, while looking through some computer software I ran across something I had completely forgotten about. When I subscribed to Home Power magazine they sent me a DVD of the digital archive. I had not even opened it before. The DVD contains every issue of the magazine since the first one 25 years ago, so there should be plenty of good information on it. I'm looking forward to going through the contents.

I've been researching tools to use for cleaning out the ditch, and finally decided on the CountyLine Middle Buster, which I can use with the tractor. I had considered waiting to try to find a good used single bottom plow, but even a used one would have cost more than the Middle Buster. I called around today and found one in Richmond, so after work we decided to go pick it up.

Since we were going to Richmond, we decided to drive on into Lexington so Andrea could return a couple of Christmas gifts and drop by the fabric store. After that we grabbed something to eat, then picked up the plow. Since we were in the truck I dropped by the house of my friend who borrowed my wheelbarrow to get it. I plan to haul some gravel soon for the walkway out back, and want to use the wheelbarrow to apply them.

All in all it was a fairly productive day. I'm looking forward to getting the tractor out this weekend and trying out the Middle Buster. This will be my first time using a 3 point implement, so will likely take some getting use to.

No comments:

Post a Comment