Thursday, January 17, 2013

01/17/13

I haven't posted any updates in several days because I really haven't accomplished anything worth writing about. It has been raining for the past week, so very gloomy. This time of year I find that my motivation is directly related to the amount of sunshine, so, as you might imagine, my motivation levels are way down.

I did learn something interesting recently while watching Stephen Fry in America. Apparently I really want to ride in a hot air balloon, and would especially love to do so over the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. There is a segment of the show where he visits the park, and as he was approaching the balloon I had a strange sensation that I can't quit explain. I was emotional for the entire time they were showing the balloon ride, which is realize probably sounds crazy. It is pretty clear to me that taking a similar ride is something that I have to add to the list of things I wan to do at some point in my life.

Our calendar for Spring and early summer is filling up quickly. Between workshops, fairs, and a couple of farm equipment auctions I already have plans for more than half of the weekends this Spring. Of course that isn't going to help get projects done around here, so I may have to cut a few of those out. As much as I value gaining knowledge, it is only a benefit if I take the time to actually put it to use occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment