Saturday, August 10, 2013

08/10/13

It has been raining a lot lately, so I haven't accomplished much. Of course it doesn't help that I haven't been feeling well, and have been stressed about trying to decide whether we should buy a piece of property adjacent to ours.

Since it was raining today we decided to go to London. Our first stop was the farmer's market. We didn't buy anything, but did spend several minutes chatting with Ford from Sustainable Acres Farm, which is the only USDA certified organic far in the county, and one of the few in the area. I look forward to going out and visiting his farm sometime, since his methods will be much more in line with what Andrea and I are trying to do than the other local farms we have visited.

While in London we also did a bit of shopping. I bought a PVC connector at the home improvement store to see if it would work for the overflow of the rain barrels. If it works out, I think I can pick up a few more items and finish that up.

I thought I was going to be able to get out this evening for a bit, but just before I was ready to go out it started thundering. So, instead, I brought in the garlic that was curing on the porch and trimmed, cleaned, and sorted it. I'm pretty happy with the garlic crop this year, and am very excited to be able to save some for planting stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment