Monday, November 12, 2012

Fending Off a Cold

Friday morning I woke up feeling like I was getting a cold. My head was hurting, and I was stopped up. While I never like getting sick, I especially didn't want to get sick at that time as we were having friends from out of town visiting over the weekend. I asked Andrea for her thoughts on how to best fend it off, based on her knowledge of medicinal herbs.

Based on her input, and my own thoughts, I started taking a combination of herbs and supplements that I hoped would keep me from getting sick. I started taking 500mg of vitamin C, twice a day, as well as 560mg of echinacea three to four times a day. In addition to those supplements I've been trying to eat raw garlic every day.

Thankfully I woke up Saturday morning feeling fine. I thought that everything might catch up to me on Sunday, since on Saturday I stayed up late and ate junk throughout the day. I felt fine on Sunday as well though. Here we are on Monday, and I'm fairly confident that I've managed to avoid getting sick. I am going to continue taking the vitamin c and echinacea for a few more days, just to be safe. I can definitely say that I prefer this type of treatment to taking over the counter medication.

No comments:

Post a Comment