Sunday, November 11, 2012

11/11/12

I took the day off yesterday because we had friends visiting from out of town. I don't get to see these friends nearly often enough, so I always look forward to getting together with them. We only manage to all get together maybe 3 or 4 times a year.

Today I did accomplish a few things. My first project was to plant the cover crops. That job actually went fairly quick, so afterwards I got the tractor out and played on it a bit more. I'm still trying to get familiar with using the loader, so focused on that today. I spent some time digging the hole for the hugel bed, and moving the dirt I had dug out earlier in the week. I also used the loader to move a log that I had been unable to move with the RTV because it was so tangled in vines. Once I finished with the tractor, I took the RTV back over to the garden and moved a few logs I had uncovered. I also used the brush grubber to pull up a few small trees. I'm looking forward to seeing how well the tractor will do with pulling up trees, but I need to buy a bigger clevis before I can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment