Wednesday, November 7, 2012

11/7/12

Today the tractor was delivered. As you might be able to guess, I didn't accomplish a whole lot outside of playing with my new toy. After driving up and down the drive way to get comfortable with the shifting I decided to head over to the garden.

I wanted to try out the front end loader, since I have never used one before. I've recently become interested in the concept of hugelkultur, which involves piling dirt onto rotting wood to create raised beds. Andrea and I have a spot picked out to try a hugelkultur bed, so I decided to use the loader to begin removing top soil. I figured it would be a good way to get some practice using the loader, while, at the same time, doing something productive. I actually made some fairly good progress. I'm looking forward to working more on this project. I certainly have plenty of rotting wood to use for constructing the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment