Sunday, December 9, 2012

12/8/12

Today we spent the whole day shopping. We went to Lexington to do some major grocery shopping, as I discussed in Adventures in Grocery Shopping. While there we also made a couple of other stops. One was at the Re-Store to see if they had any pieces of PVC that we could use for our pepper cages. We were able to pick up four pieces at $1 each. The cost at the Berea Re-Store is $0.25 per foot which means the 4 ft lengths were the same price, and the 5 ft lengths were slightly cheaper in Lexington. We also stopped by the fabric stores where Andrea bought several yards of fleece for a future project, which I'll be discussing later.

On our way home we drove through Berea so we could stop off at the Re-Store there as well to look for more PVC. They hadn't put out anything new since our last visit, though. There is one long piece there that is long enough to get two usable pieces from, but it was raining and we didn't want to spend time cutting it in half in the parking lot. If its still there when we go back, and the weather is better, we'll pick it up.

While in Berea we also stopped at the Kentucky Artisan Center. I wanted to look at Wendell Berry books, and Andrea looked at crafts. I didn't find a book that I wanted, but did end up picking up a cd. I was looking to see if they had Untamed Sense of Control, which is a collection of the music of Roscoe Holcomb, who lived down the road from my mom when she was young. While they did have the disc I was looking for, it was the one next to it that caught my attention. I wasn't aware that a cd had been published featuring Lee Sexton, who lives in Letcher County Kentucky, maybe 20 miles from where I grew up, and who we suspect I may be distantly related to. However, there was a single copy of Whoa Mule on the shelf, which I immediately picked up. I haven't listened to it yet, because I forgot to get it from the car when I was carrying in the groceries, but I look forward to doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment