Tuesday, March 5, 2013

03/05/13

For the past few years I've regularly gone to the office on Wednesdays. Starting today, however, I'm temporarily switching to Tuesdays at the office. The reason for the switch is that Andrea and I are taking a series of Gardening 101 classes at the Laurel County Cooperative Extension Office on Tuesday evenings. The class extends into the summer, and I was hesitant to give up evenings that I might otherwise use for getting things done around here. Since I normally don't accomplish a lot on the days I've gone to the office, however, I can go to the office the day of the class without much impact to my chores.

There was a good turn out at the class, which I hope will continue. The instructor was certainly pleased with the number of people who showed up. The first class was actually on a topic, building soil fertility, I had previously attended a class on, and was using the same presentation as before. However, I was the only person showed up for the previous class, so much of the time was spent on cover cropping, which is what I was most interested in. The class today covered more of the other areas of soil fertility, so I picked up a few new pieces of info. I also discovered a few things that I would like to research in more detail.

Since she was going to be driving to London anyway to meet me for the Gardening 101 class Andrea decided to take a cake decorating class. It is also a multi-week class, although I can't remember how many weeks it lasts. What I do know, however, is that we are going to have a lot of cake on hand since each class requires her to bake one or more cakes, and she'll be making others to practice on between classes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment