Saturday, September 28, 2013

09/28/13

It seems like we've been on the go ever since returning from the Mother Earth News Fair.

I had taken Tuesday off from work, in case we decided to spend an extra day on the road. Even though we came back on Monday I decided to go ahead and take Tuesday off since it was planned. We spent the first part of the day resting, although did take a bit of time to go check on the garden and pick a few tomatoes. After this we finished unpacking the rental car and getting it cleaned out, so we could return it. We had our final Gardening 101 class in London that evening, so left early enough to return the car, even though it wasn't due back until Wednesday.

Wednesday was my first day back to work, and I went ahead and went into the office. Andrea also spent much of the day out, as she had her Farm Start class in Richmond. We didn't really do anything once we made it home that evening.

On Thursday I worked from home like normal. We had to go back to London as soon as I got off of work, though, for another class. This one was on herbs. The class lasted until nearly 8:30, and we had to run to the home improvement store to pick something up afterwards, so was fairly late getting home.

On Friday my parents came down, so they could work on tearing down the old house where they plan to build a cabin. We all went over once I finished with work, and spent a couple of hours over there. We didn't get a whole lot done, but it was a good start.

We spent most of today working over there, and did accomplish a lot. We started a fire first thing, so that the lumber that wasn't worth saving could be burned. My mom took care of adding stuff to the fire, while my Dad and I work on demolition. We managed to pull several good boards off of a couple of walls, then hooked a cable to the tractor and pulled that side of the house down. We managed to get several more good boards from the roof of that section. There is still a lot to do, but we certainly made some real progress. Hopefully after several more productive weekends we'll get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment