Thursday, September 13, 2012

09/12/12

As hoped, I've started doing a bit around the house these past few days. I'm still not doing a whole lot, though, but am hoping that I continue doing a bit more each day. Like I said before, it doesn't take much to knock me off of my feet. I suppose I use the excuse of wanting to get plenty of rest to ensure a smooth recovery.

I decided to mow grass this evening. I figured it was probably the task that needed done worst, without being too much actual work. The grass was probably the tallest it has been all year, but it only took about an hour and a half to cut it. Maybe I'm starting to get a good process down finally.

I also did a couple of small things yesterday. We had been talking about getting insurance on the RTV, most specifically to guard against theft, so I contact an insurance company and had a policy drawn up for it. I'll do a detailed post about that, as I think it is an important thing to at least consider when owning a fairly expensive piece of equipment. I also finally got around to repairing the long-handled tool carrier on the RTV that was nearly torn off when the rake I was hauling caught on a tree limb. I don't recall if I had mentioned that at the time or not. Luckily there was no real damage. The top zip ties just broke, so it was still hanging on by the ones on the bottom. I had extras from the pack I bought from the initial install, so just added a couple towards the top and its in good shape now. I just need to remember to watch for limbs when carrying tools like that, or, probably even better, go ahead and cut the limbs I know are a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment