Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Going Shampoo-Free

I have decided that for the foreseeable future I will be shampoo-free. You may have heard of other people doing the "no poo" thing. I'm not a fan of that term, though, because it sounds like a fad to me. I am hoping that this will be much more than a fad, and will be a long term change for my personal hygiene.

My plan is to go all the way with this experiment. When many people give up shampoo they switch to soap or baking soda and apple cider vinegar or some other alternative. I do not plan to use anything on my hair, though, other than good old fashioned water. I'm not suggesting that there is anything wrong with using an alternative. It just isn't the approach I have decided to take.

There are plenty of websites and blogs explaining the reasons for going shampoo-free. I'm certainly no expert on the topic, so will leave it to each of you to do your own research if you are interested. I have no idea how this experiment will work out, but am eager to see the results. I will share my findings in future blog entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment