Sunday, December 1, 2013

12/1/13

I'm back, after a month long absence from the blog. I owe everyone a big apology, especially regular readers who might have been wondering if I had abandoned you. The truth is, I just haven't been very motivated to write during the past several weeks. I suspect this has had a lot to do with the cooler temperatures and shorter days. I'm back now, though, and intend to begin writing regular posts again.

I'm not even going to attempt to summarize everything I've done over the past month. Instead, I'll just back up to Thursday, which was Thanksgiving, and pick up from there. We usually spend a few days visiting family around Thanksgiving, but this year just drove in for the day. One of the kittens, Rosa, is currently recovering from, what the vets thinks is, pneumonia. She has been doing much better, but requires doses of an antibiotic twice a day, so Andrea didn't want to leave her here alone without her medicine. Driving there and back in the same day, having dinner at my grandmother's, then visiting Andrea's mom and the kids made for a long day, but it was nice to have the rest of the weekend at home.

I took the day off from work on Friday, since we had initially planned to spend more than the one day out of town for Thanksgiving. Andrea and I spent most of the day straightening up and organizing the house.

On Saturday we did much of the same, although, admittedly, also spent quite a bit of time relaxing and watching tv. One of the things I worked on was shredding paper and paperboard, to be used as mulch. We've stopped taking these materials to the recycling center, choosing to use them around here instead. It had been a while since we had last shredded, and there was a big backlog. I used the shreds to mulch the pathways between the rows of garlic.

On Saturday I also discovered a flat tired on the RTV. This is the same tire that went flat several months ago, so I suspect it is related. We never fixed the problem before, it just stopped going flat after a while. I hope the same happens this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment